Saturday, December 27, 2008

Confessions of a Serial Kisser by Wendelin Van Draanen

Evangeline is in search of the perfect kiss. She’ll stop at nothing to find a kiss like the one in A Crimson Kiss, the romance novel she found hidden under her mom’s bed. But finding that life-changing kiss proves to be more difficult than she had anticipated. Lots of boys seem to have potential but when tested are really “missers”, ear lickers, or fish-lipped kissers. She wonders if any of her kisses will ever rival Delilah and Grayson’s in A Crimson Kiss.

Evangeline gets a bad reputation for her kissing activities. Her name and phone number even end up on the urinals in the boys’ bathrooms. Her serial kissing gets out of control when she inadvertently kisses her best friend’s new crush. Eventually, she realizes that there is more to kissing than she originally thought.

I really enjoyed this book. It was interesting, funny, and honest. I could relate to a lot of Evangeline’s kissing experiences. Believe it or not, I was also the victim of an ear kisser. I found myself thinking “Oh, I hate it when that happens!” Everyone has had at least one of the experiences that Evangeline did. This book keeps you on your toes because you never know who Evangeline will go after next. I think I actually lost count of how many guys she kissed. The underlying story about her parent's relationship problems is deeply touching and explains a lot about their daughter. The music references also create a nice soundtrack. Confessions of a Serial Kisser was very entertaining. I absolutely recommend it, especially if you love chick lit as much as I do!

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment