Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Review Policy & How To Promote Your Book On Katie's Bookshelf

After reading this blog post by Saundra Mitchell, I decided that it was a good idea to have a post dedicated to my review policy. So read on to find out how you can promote your book here on Katie's Bookshelf!
Authors, publishers, publicists and other bookish people are all welcome to contact me!

Email me at katiesbookshelf@ymail.com if you're interested in any of the following:

Reviews:
I love reading. I go through at least 3 books a week when school is in session. This number is a lot higher in the summertime.

It's no trouble at all to write a short review detailing my opinions and the pros and cons of a book. I can promise you that I will always be 100% honest in my reviews. I try not to sugarcoat or gush. While I won't bash a book, I will tell if I didn't like something.

I will review most types of YA lit. However, there are some exceptions:
  • graphic novels
  • ebooks
  • self-published
Guest Posts/Interviews:
Guest posts and interviews are an easy way to garner some free publicity. I ask some questions, you answer them, and you've got readers interested and itching to read your book. When it comes to guest posts all you have to do is ask - my blog is at your disposal!

Contests:
I'm definitely up for hosting any kind of contest, giveaway, or promotion. Books, bookmarks, or other bookish swag are all fine. Preferably, I host the contest and you send out the prize(s) to the winner(s). Or you can send the item(s) to me and I can send them out. Whatever works.

Or, if you're having your own contest elsewhere, I can post a link in my sidebar under 'Contests & Giveaways.'

Widgets, Banners, etc.:
Have a widget or banner for your book? I'd be happy to post them in my sidebar.

Link List:
I'm planning on adding another section to my sidebar for links to authors' blogs or websites. It would take me all of 2 seconds to add you, so seriously, don't hesitate to ask.

(Insert Title Here) Week:
I've noticed that many other bloggers have had events like "fashion week" or "girl week." If you have an idea for a theme week that applies to you and your book, we can most likely work something out.

Book Trailers:
I have a weekly post dedicated to book trailers, so if you'd like to me feature yours, just ask!

Captivating Covers:
Think your book's cover is amazing? Chances are, I probably will too. I'm very interested in posting about it!

Other:
Think of something I didn't? Just let me know! I'm up for anything!

Interested?
If you like any of the aforementioned ideas, please don't hesitate to email me at: bball11kt (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

No comments:

Post a Comment