Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Fall of Candy Corn by Debbie Viguié

Synopsis from bn.com:

Halloween time at The Zone means monsters, mazes, and plenty of candy corn. Candace is shy about telling friends at church that she’s working as a maze monster. However, when she discovers her youth group has planned an outing to the park, her embarrassment quickly turns to stage fright!

The Fall of Candy Corn was an average novel. I enjoyed reading the first book in the series, The Summer of Cotton Candy, but I didn't think this one was as good. Although, the writing was of the same quality of the first one. The plot was also quite similar to it. So, since I've read that one I didn't think it was as interesting. As I'm typing this, I realize that it was a little more memorable than the first book since it had more danger and suspense.

Okay, enough with the compare/contrast. I really tried to like this book, but it just didn't do it for me. Granted, the plot was fun and fairly fast-paced but the characters were a bit flat for my taste. Definitely not the best book I've ever read but, you know, it still served its purpose of keeping me entertained for awhile. Isn't that the whole purpose of books? So, if you want something with a light subject matter to read when you're bored or on a rainy day The Fall of Candy Corn may be just what you need.

3 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I've seen these on the shelf at bookstores, and the colors and covers (yummm....) always catch my eye and make me hungry! I also love how they're named after seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love candy corn. :)
    Does catch my interest though.

    ReplyDelete