Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Top 10 Most Rereadable List

I love a good book more than anything, as you can tell from this blog. But when I look back at all the books I read this year, the ones that stand out most are the ones I'd like to reread again. Now, if you read books very often you know that some books are just more satisfying than others. For me, the mark of a superior novel is how much I can see myself rereading the book in the future. After finishing some books my thought process sounds like "hmm..that was good. But not amazing. It didn't knock my socks off. On to the next one." However, in contrast, when finishing up others my thoughts are more like "Holy crap! That was amazing. This author is a rock star!" You know, lots of capital letters and exclamation points.

So now I will share my top 10 most rereadable list. This list consists of the most memorable books I've read in 2009. They might not have been released this year, although many of them are debuts. I'm on my 99th book of this year so I feel that I have a fairly large frame of reference and can speak with some authority on this. Some I've reviewed and others I haven't gotten to yet. Check it out:

TOP 10 MOST REREADABLE
1. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
2. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
3. Meridian by Amber Kizer
4. Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
5. Derby Girl (Whip It) by Shauna Cross
6. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
7. Violet by Design by Melissa Walker
8. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
9. Beige by Cecil Castellucci
10. Willow by Julia Hoban

I hope that this list was helpful to you! Please be aware that this list is purely my personal opinion so please don't be offended if your favorite book is not listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment