Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Updates

As you all probably know, Ashley from Books Make Great Lovers has started up a newsletter for YA bloggers. I'm in charge of the New Bloggers feature. So if you're new to the YA blogging community or know of someone that is, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me! My email is listed under the Contact section of my sidebar or you can always comment.

I've got everything put back together on the sidebar (everything got deleted when I changed my layout earlier in the week.) I'm not sure if I added everyone to the link list, though, so if you're not listed there and you want to be (even if you weren't before) just let me know!

I haven't been blogging for all that long so I'm still trying to get the hang of things. So in order to improve my blogging skills I have a few questions for you, my readers. Does it make a difference to you if I write my own summary of a book as opposed to just copying and pasting the synopsis from another website? What can I do to make my reviews better? Are there any other features you would like to see on my blog? Would it be totally lame if I changed the name of my blog now? It is rather unoriginal.. Any other comments or advice?
Thanks for all your help!

2 comments:

  1. I'm new to blogging too! I think I've noticed people doing both - writing their own summaries and posting the publisher's summary. I suck at re-summarizing the whole thing, so I copy and paste but I also try to re-cap the main gist of it with my opinion of the matter. Either way, I think you should do whichever you feel is comfortable and helps with the review.

    As for the name-changing, I suggest doing it now while you are starting out - so people won't be confused if you change it after 6 months! I don't know if you have a couple of names in mind, but maybe having a poll would be a kinda fun to see what your readers say. :)

    cecilia

    ReplyDelete