Friday, October 9, 2009

Cybils awards info

I recently got this email from Alyssa at The Shady Glade:

Most of you have probably heard about the Cybils awards. If not, here’s a quick intro:

The Cybils are a group of awards given out every year by a group of over 90 book bloggers to reward books of the year based on literary merit (like the Newbery awards) AND popularity (like People's Choice Awards) for nine different categories. If you have a favorite book published this year by October 15th: http://dadtalk.typepad.com/cybils/2009/10/2009-nominations-are-now-open-.html#more.

And here’s the reason for my email. This is my fourth year working on the Cybils, and it seems every year there are a bunch of lists along the lines of “why haven’t these books been nominated yet?” that pop up on blogs. So I’m trying to streamline the process by creating one giant What’s Missing post: http://theshadyglade.blogspot.com/2009/10/whats-missing.html. If you’d be interested in sharing this link, I would be very grateful. I’d like to share this list with as many people as possible. And if not, that’s cool too. But I figured it didn’t hurt to ask. Thanks!

-------
Please go nominate your favorite book of '09! I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment