Thursday, June 16, 2011

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

This book made me laugh, smile, and cry. On a day where nothing extraordinary was going on, I was just laying in bed reading all day this book made me feel so emotional it brought me to tears. My favorite lines were:
Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.
This just really made me think. What if today was my last day? It seems like I've wasted so much time doing nothing. I've spent countless hours on the internet, napping, and other things that are so unimportant in the grand scheme of things its laughable. Reading Sam's story kind of opened my eyes to that.

Sam was such a real character and that's part of why I felt her emotions as my own. Lauren Oliver has penned a breathtakingly beautiful story and I'm so glad I got the chance to read it. I can't imagine anyone not loving this book. I highly highly highly recommend it. I'm excited to pick up more of Lauren's books in the future.

4 comments:

  1. This one was definitely an emotional and thought-provoking read. Wonderful review, so glad you enjoyed it as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good story i would love to read this one very soon . Thanks for sharing the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found a quality book like that. Is always good to hear they still write books like that. Have missed visiting your blog. Hope you return to blogging soon.

    Two years of computer problems slowed my own blog posting, so I am looking for readers. I wish to invite you, and others you think might find my blogs interesting, to pay me a blog visit.

    ReplyDelete