Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

3 reasons why you should read this book:

1. It's readable. Meaning, it isn't written in old English to the extent that you can't figure out what the heck is going on. For being published in 1847 or heck just in general, it's quite clear and concise.

2. It has a strong female main character. Even though Mr. Rochester is at least 20 years older than she is, she calls the shots. She definitely holds her own even though she is younger and significantly poorer than he is. You gotta love a kick ass female MC!

3. It's not boring. I originally bought Jane Eyre because I felt like I wasn't very well-read because I hadn't read very many "classics." At the time I thought I was going to have to force myself to get through it but it turned out to be pretty awesome. There are some pretty unexpected twists going on that made it a joy to read.

I recommend getting yourself a copy that has decent size print and getting busy reading! If you have any questions about the book I'd be happy to answer them!

1 comment:

  1. So I've seen the miniseries but have yet to read the book...maybe I will one of these days.

    ReplyDelete