Monday, June 13, 2011

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

After reading nothing but textbooks for months, I could not have picked a better book than Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick to get me back in the swing of YA lit. I'm a sucker for anything with romance and Hush, Hush had just the right about of that plus mystery and paranormal elements.

I thought Nora was an interesting character. Her brain worked in such a logical way and I could relate to that. She knows there is chemistry between her and Patch and she did a really good job of ignoring it at first. I didn't find it too, too predictable. Some parts I had pegged from the start but others I definitely didn't see coming. I think it was well-balanced in that respect.

Of course, I can't not mention Patch. Can I just say that he was H-O-T!! I can't wait to learn more about his past and just him in general in the next book in the series.

I adored Becca Fitzpatrick's writing style. Something about it made the book so readable. I didn't want to put it down and when I had to I found myself thinking about what was going to happen next. I think that shows how much I was into this book. If it wasn't that great I wouldn't have thought about it when I wasn't reading it. Kind of like if you think about someone when they're not around that means something.

So basically I think you should go out and get this book. Read it. I promise you won't regret it!

1 comment: