Saturday, January 10, 2009

Betrayed by P.C. & Kristin Cast

Zoey has settled in at the House of Night. She feels more welcome there than she ever did in her own house. She takes over as the leader of the Dark Daughters and makes some pretty big changes to the group. She has doesn't have any trouble in the guy department either. Actually, she has to figure out how she feels about three guys. But then tragedy strikes when human teenagers are being brutally murdered and it looks like vampyres at the House of Night had something to do with it. When someone close to her dies, Zoey must figure out how to deal with grief, loss, and then even betrayal.

Oh. My. Gosh. I read this book in two days, which is really fast considering I've had semester exams all week. Well, maybe I did have a snow day..but I just could not put this book down. I loved the first book in the series, Marked, but this one was soo much more exciting and mysterious. There were more than one twist in the plot that I really didn't see coming. I definitely kept my attention. The writing and plot were great. I actually almost started crying at one point (in the middle of Spanish class!) The Casts make you feel Zoey's emotions yourself. I was really surprised at who it was that betrayed her - there was no hint at it at all in Marked. I loved Zoey's confidence and kick-butt attitude. I highly recommend this book!

5 out of 5 stars


I told one of my friends about this book and she said "Oh, those books are just copying off Twilight" and she got a piece of my mind about that. Just because a book has characters that are the same species in it does NOT mean that it's copying off any other book in any way. Twilight was definitely NOT the first book ever published to have vampires in it. I mean, I love Twilight but it makes me soo mad when people put other books down because of it. Without even giving them a chance. I know a lot of other bloggers have had similar posts and a lot of what I said is probably repetitive but I just needed to vent about that. Comment with your thoughts on the issue!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this series. The first one was hard to get through, but once you do, it takes off! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I don't think you need any advice. Your blog looks terific and your review is excellent. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    Looks like you're getting a great start in the realm of reviewing. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series! Can't wait for hunted!

    I completely agree about the vampire thing I swear it's like some people think stephenie meyer came up with vampires or something

    ReplyDelete