Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Devouring #2: Soulstice by Simon Holt

The terrifying, nail-biting, and grossly intriguing sequel to The Devouring. It's been six months since Reggie first discovered and fought against the Vours, malicious and demonic beings that inhabit human bodies on the eve of the Winter Solstice. The Vours still haunt Reggie, but only in her dreams-until one night, when an unexpected visitor turns her nightmares into reality. The battle against evil continues in Soulstice, the second book in the thrilling The Devouring series, which School Library Journal called, "Comparable to books by R. L. Stine and Stephen King....A must-have for horror fans."
-----------------------

I loved The Devouring so I was very eager to read the second book in the series, Soulstice. I was not disappointed. It was everything I expected and more.

It was just as fast-paced, thrilling, and intriguing as The Devouring. There were even more unexpected plot twists that made the story that much more readable and unputdownable.

It was interesting to see how having been occupied by a Vour previously affected Henry. Reggie's interactions with Quinn made me want to keep reading to find out just what she was thinking talking to him and *slight spoiler* teaming up with him. *end of spoiler*

The ending was so good! I am eagerly anticipating the release of the next book in the series so that I can find out what happens next!

Overall, Soulstice was a delightfully creepy read that I highly recommend if you enjoyed The Devouring. As I said before, I will definitely be picking up the next book when it comes out.

I love the cover! Hats off to all these creative cover designers. I've been seeing some awesome ones lately.

Anyone have any info about the next one in the series? Because seriously, there has to be more!


4 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. I've heard this was really good and that is was really creepy. I'll have to get it soon. I hate being left out the loop :)

    ReplyDelete